Applications running on GSWAN with Bandwidth
1. Land Record Information System and RoR at Village.
This application has been developed by NIC and has ‘Client-Server’ architecture.
There are 225 Servers installed at Block level, which are connected to 25
District Servers. There are 98 Lacs land records, which are computerized. The
District Server data has been uploaded to State Data Centre at Gandhinagar.
There are around 400 to 500 (average) daily transactions observed at each block
location. This is a Voice and Data application. Integration of GIS and Biometric
with this application is under process. 50 Voice connections have been provided
at each District Collector offices and 3 Voice connections have been provided to
each Block level Mamlatdar offices.
NIC, Gujarat State developed the comprehensive software named e-Dhara for
day-to-day transaction taking place at village level. At present project is
on-line at Taluka level. All 225 talukas (e-Dhara Kendras) of 25 districts are
equipped with a server, clients, printers, Bio-Metric Device (Finger Print
Reader), Scanners etc and the transactions are done online.
a) At Public level: -
People can get well-printed copies of their land holding documents. Tampering
with revenue records minimised. People get the copy of Record of Right (7/12)
and Account of land holding (8a) at Taluka level. Farmer Book is printed.
Reduces litigation and helps in expediting litigation process.
b) At Administrative level: -
Reports are generated for Details of Land, Land Use, Crops cultivated, Source of
Water, Type of Electrical Equipment used, Trees etc. Borrowings, Liabilities on
each land per village could be listed. GIS application can use these data to
produce different maps. Agriculture Census will be a by-product of Land Records
Data. Information Outlets can be linked with these data. Correct revenue
information in time with easy access. This information can be used for District
Planning. Apart from landowners the departments like Revenue, Agriculture and
Irrigation are beneficiaries of the land records database.
2. Registration of Documents (ReD)(Revenue Department: Inspector General
This project of revenue department is novel in many ways. The main objectives
of the project are to serve the public in the process of registration within
minimum possible time with full transparency. It is planned to give back the
registered document to the party within an hour of presentation to the Sub
Registrar. It is also first time that the process are outsourced except the
application software. The application software ReD (Registration of
Documents) is designed and developed by National Informatics Centre. The
private vendors are awarded the job of supplying and maintaining the
necessary hardware, system software, furniture, and required stationary and
data operators on a revenue sharing basis
The backbone of the project is the application software designed and developed
by NIC. ReD is a comprehensive software developed to cover all the process of
registration from presentation and registration fee receipt generation to
scanning and printing the record copy of the registered document and archiving
the document images.
Features of ReD:
- Return of the original document immediately after registration
- Modernise the Sub Registrar Offices
- Public comfort at SR offices
- Transparent process
- Availability of Stamp Duty and Market Value on Internet / Intranet.
3. SWAGAT (State Wide Attention on Grievances by Application of
- Introduced an input sheet to be filled in by the party and verified by the
sub registrar for easy data entry by the operator
- Jantri Module (Market value of whole State is available)
- Registration Module
- Valuation Module
- Calculation of Stamp Duty
- Photo capturing of the parties using web camera
- BIO-Metric (Finger print capture)
- Scanning Module for scanning all the pages of a document
- CD Backup for database and archival of scanned images of a document
- Bilingual User Interface (Gujarati & English)
- Document Number issued by computer and fee receipt is generated
- Market Value & Stamp Duty Calculation as per laid down rules and Jantri
- On the spot generation of Ganatri Patrak (calculation sheet) and Notice 3(2)
for deficit amount
- All endorsements are generated and attached to the original document Indices
viz., Index 2, Index 3, Index 4, CTS Patrak and various other administrative
- User friendly menu driven software for easy operation
- Help at each and every level
- Data Security
SWAGAT is a combination of digital management and WAN technology to overcome the
above said problems. It makes the travel of the grievance instant and the system
below is sensitized and held accountable.
Grievances are categorized into: Policy matters, First timers and Long pending
Cases. All three categories of grievances will be displayed in the same manner
to all connected functionaries through the bilingual web based application
developed by NIC.
Hon. CM takes up such grievances District wise in presence of the applicant and
asks the concerned District functionary on video conferencing about the reasons
of pendancy on the 4th Thursday of every month. Approach is to resolve the
grievance then and there.
This application runs on GSWAN extending connectivity to Hon. CM Office: all the
Secretaries, all the District Collectors / DDOs / S.Ps. and Head of Departments.
4. e-Gram (Vishwa Gram)Village Panchayats of Gujarat State (under
The Vishwa Gram project module "e-Gram" is for maintaining record of village
information of all families’ data and issue of necessary certificates to
citizens. This module is designed & developed by National Informatics Centre.
It gives facility to generate Birth & Death certificate, Caste certificate,
Income certificate, property register, BPL certificate etc.
The e-Gram is based on survey form of each individual family of the village,
which contains the detailed information of each member of family. This is used
to provide many certificates such as Income, Caste, Domicile, Character, and
Farmer etc. to citizens. Also, the database of property of each family is
maintained to provide necessary certificate and to use in panchayat for tax
collection property wise. Conversion of this system into e-GPIR (Gram Panchayat
Internal Register) is going on so that a single e-GramPanchayat system is
deployed and in use across all Gram Panchayats
Apart from these, some packages like Manpower support system is developed to
keep track of hired manpower at Panchayats, their working days, salary etc.
5. Gujarat Ration Card Computerisation (GRCC)Civil Supplies Department:
Features: Unicode data, Local Language (Gujarati), Multiple
Keyboard, Information of application for ration card etc, Detailed Transactions
Log, Two Tier Ration Database one for Ration card Application other for effect
in Main Ration database. Software logs every transaction with date of
transaction like new card, deleted card, division of card etc and History of
particular Ration Card.
At Citizen Charter (One Days Governance) center: New APL1
Card, New APL2 Card, BPL, Updating of Ration Card, Transfer Ration Card from one
FPS to Other FPS, One Taluka to Other Taluka, Change Category of Ration Card
like APL to BPL or BPL to APL, Deletion of Ration Card, Addition and Deletion of
Member in Ration Cards and Division of Ration Card
MIS: (1) Online G-Register (2) Online No of cards details
in different category like 1,2,3…7 members per cards (3) FPS Wise Summary (4)
Online SBC, DBC Gas Details etc.
6. PCIS-Gujarat (Property Card Information System)Revenue Department:
Settlement Commissioner & 66 City Survey Offices
For monitoring and maintaining the ever-changing Urban Land Records and for
effective implementation of urban development programs, NIC has developed a
complete software solution for Urban Land Records System (PCIS), which can be
use for 66 City Survey Offices in 25 districts.
The main features of the software are
7. Police Station Computerisation Home Department: Police Station,
Circle Office, SDPO (District Office), Range Office and DG Office
- » Support for both English as well as Gujarati using GIST SDK 2.7
- » Data can be entered from Property card as well as Inquiry register.
- » 52 types of mutations is available including division, amalgamation and
sale transactions etc.
- » Property Card, Inquiry register, checklist etc are some of the important
outputs.All type of queries are provided which is useful for the public as well
as the Office.
- » Preparation of Property Card from Enquiry Register.
- » Notice-135 D & Notice – A, B, C printing
- » Mutation Effect on Property Card
- » Queries on Tenures & Area.
- » Generate Village form –2 directly for collecting revenue.
- » Report of Enquiry Register, Mutation Register.
- » 13. Searching of City Survey Numbers by name.
Scope (Under Development)
Computerization of the major crime activities carried out at the Police
Station level and the crime related activities at the SP/DSP office.
Major activities on crime, which are identified for computerization are
Lodging an FIR, Investigation of the case (up to the final report), Keeping
the record of arrest and absconding person, Keeping record of the Non-
cognizable crimes, Case diary, Janvajog register, Station diary, Accidental
Death, Lock up register, Duty Register, Night Round Register, Parade register,
Village Crime Note book, General conviction Register, Application Register,
Summons /warrant/Notice Register, Passport Application verifications, Modus
Operandi register, ST/Railway Warrant Register, Motor vehicle act Register,
Public arms License register, Weapons Register, and Missing Person register.
FIR Entry at police station level with all crime related details and its
follow up, Various register maintenance related non-cognisable crimes,
Detainment of Vehicle and its status, Passport application Verification,
Application recording and action taken, Arrest details of all the accused
persons, Case diary, Station Diary, All the FIR details can be monitored by next
higher office, Statistics of crime and generating Daily Morning Report, Keeping
all the official register at police station etc.
8. Computerisation of Pay and Accounts Office Finance Department:
Directorate of Accounts & Treasuries
The Scope of PAO Computerisation is meant for
- The reduction of manual work of repetitive nature in three main sections of
PAO namely Cheque, Audit and Book.
- To prepare the cheque from the pre-audited and passed bills.
- Preparation and maintenance of accounts.
- Generation of reports according to requirements of Accountant General’s
Office and EDP Cell of DA&T.
It is a work flow system mainly covers the operations of bill entry counter,
& token issue, transit to audit section, pre-audit, passing or objecting, cheque
printing on pre-printed stationery and delivery of cheque and objected bills
against token. General Features at Cheque Section:
- System generates the next available token with its physical availability.
- DDO’s Signature Verification.
- Cheque printed on pre-print stationery.
- Many-to-Many option (Single cheque for a common payee featured in multiple
bills submitted by the same office) for cheque preparation saving the cheque
- Payment restrictions are checked at the time of cheque delivery.
- Bank Advice (payment instruction) to Banks for the payment of cheque.
- Daily Account Reports of Token, Cheque and Bills at each Section.
- Online status of bills, cheque.
- Generation of voucher numbers.
- Cheque Management- Reprinting, Cancellation, Revalidation and maintains
these details in Form 16 Register.
General Features at Audit Section:
9. SWIFT - State Wide Information on Financial Transactions.
- Auto assignment of Bills to Auditor
- Cross checking of bill amount and Cardex (Office Code).
- Auditor wise Workload status
- List of Passed – Objected Bills
- Maintenance of Special registers
- Bank Scroll entry and payment amount cross verification.
- Compilation Register
- Proof Sheet
- Classified Abstract for Audit General office
- Schedule Generation
- Plus minus memo
- Cash Book/RBD Register
- Many other reports to maintain the accounts.
Facilitating Finance Department and other Government Departments for monitoring
the financial transactions done by the department itself and their sub offices
at respective District Treasuries and Pay and Account Offices. Financial
transactions and its monitoring is a vital part of every Government Department.
The Departments are mainly collecting the inputs from the lower level offices
and deriving the expenditure incurred and its funds availability. The majority
of these transactions are done through treasuries and PAOs and all the
treasuries and PAOs have computerized their operations & connected to GSWAN.
This has provided the opportunity to disseminate the information to each office
and its head office simultaneously. Initially it started with the online status
and voucher information for each bill. Now the data from all treasuries and PAO
is compiled at state data centre on daily basis and consolidated statements are
generated at each level.
SWIFT is an Intranet Web application developed for the departments of Government
of Gujarat on GSWAN. This application is hosted at NIC, Data Center and also
provides a scope to disseminate on Internet.
All district treasuries and PAOs are uploading their daily transaction details
to the NIC’s state data centre; this in turn dynamically generates the summary
data for SWIFT, which delivers the following reports.
10. Value Added Tax (VAT) for Commercial Tax Department.
- » Department wise, Demand wise, Scheme wise State Summary.
- » State wise Receipt Summary.
- » District wise Letter Of Credit-LC Summary
This application has been developed by TCS and has ‘Client-Server’
architecture. There are 37 Servers installed at various Salestax department
offices located in Districts and Blocks. All the public users and Traders have
been accessing the ‘Online’ application through Internet, terminated at Salestax
commissioner office, Ahmedabad. The images of the documents have been scanned
transported to various servers, connected to GSWAN. Application Database has
real time replication at Back up servers located at different location. Setting
up the VC facility at different Zones and at all the check posts are under
active considerations. This is Voice, Data and Video application, having very
high Bandwidth requirements.
11. IWDMS – Integrated Workflow and Document Management System
This application has been developed by TCS and has ‘Client-Server’ architecture.
There are 12 very high end Servers with 1 TB SAN storage has been installed at
State Data Centre at Gandhinagar. The images of the documents have been scanned
transported to various servers, connected to GSWAN. Application Database has
real time replication at Back up servers located at different location. This is
Data application, having very high Bandwidth requirements.
12. HMIS – Health Management and Information System
This application has been developed by TCS and has ‘Client-Server’ architecture.
All 25 Civil Hospitals and 6 Medical colleges have been connected to GSWAN.
Telemedicine applications are also under development. This is Voice, Data and
Video application, having very high Bandwidth requirements.
13. WHO - Integrated Disease Surveillance (Health Department)
NIC has developed IDS for Department of health and World Health Organisation.
For 16 identified diseases, data of new cases and deaths are collected weekly at
Remote Units, Corporation Hospitals and Medical Colleges (Hospitals attached to
it). Data on weekly basis is entered at the district level and transferred to
Central server at Gandhinagar for analysis.
Online detail analysis module is also provided which is running in Intranet
mode. District wise details of new cases and deaths can be compiled and compare.
Comparison of syndromes and laboratory results can also be obtained. Details up
to remote unit level are also obtainable. Concerned authority can monitor the
status of remote units who have not reported data in last four weeks.
14. e-PRIMA (Panchayati Raj Institutes – Maintenance of Accounts) Panchayat
Based on recommendation of 11th Finance Commission (EFC), Ministry of Finance
has provided guidelines for monitoring the utilization of local bodies grant for
the development of Gram panchayat, Taluka panchayat and Dist. panchayat by using
Information Technology (IT). Local fund officials will monitor financial data
and progress of funds, Income, Expenditure, sources of revenue. This was
primarily designed considering reports of 11th finance commission in mind . This
system captures data of Opening and closing balance of PRIs, works carried out
in PRIs under particular schemes, Income and expenditure, closing balance,
financial progress of funds received from CFC, State Govt , Own fund etc
Trainings have also been conducted for District, Taluka Panchayat staff,
Talatis, sarpanch etc about use of the system.